Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default The Dowel Jig

On 5/24/2014 5:56 PM, Michael wrote:
I'm really curious to see how you will match up the holes on your slats with the sides of your shelf unit.

If you mean you are curious to see *if* they actually mate up; I was
curious too. Hopeful, but curious.

It turned out to be a good fit. The dowel joints feel nice and snug;
snug enough that - after I tested a couple of the joints with all of
the dowels - I only put in one dowel on each end of each "rung" for the
full dry fit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguarino/14257885501/

I was afraid I might have too much trouble getting the parts apart
otherwise.

But if you mean how am I going to attach the "ladders" to the front and
back "frames", my current plan is biscuits.

---