Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default News viewer - off topic

"dadiOH" wrote in message

wrote in message

On Fri, 23 May 2014 08:23:18 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
That's Outlook Dave, not Outlook Express. Very different products.
He can though, download back versions of IE - Outlook Express comes
as a part of IE.

There is a modified version of OE for Windows 7 and 8.
http://www.rafailb.tk/index.php?itemid=27

Neat, thanks, I am going to try it.

I tried it.

Clicking on the d/l link sends you off to a couple of places; eventually,
you get a d/l but it's a web-type installer, not the program.

Clicking on the installer sends you off to cyberspace and the program is
downloaded; to install it, one has to agree to their TOS which includes
collecting info; they also want to reset your home page and install a
browser helper. I declined.

However, I did find something called oeclassic v1.90. It is NOT OE, seems
to be a third party program styled after and closely resembling OE. It has
most of OE's features but not all; however, it does what I want - email,
newsgroups and HTML - so I may keep it.

For anyone interested, 14MB installed...
http://www.oeclassic.com/

--

dadiOH