Posted to alt.home.repair
gonjah[_3_] gonjah[_3_] is offline

Default Ignore that last one ...

On 5/24/2014 8:36 AM, Mayayana wrote:
| Know any
| free hosting sites ?

I know someone who likes Dreamhost. I think it's about
$2-3. A free host will show ads on your site. Why not
pay for a real host, if you're going to actually bother to
create a website? I pay $9/month for a good host at
futurequest.net. There are real people there who will
answer email. I get real email service. (Not just gmail
with my domain name on it.)

It's a mystery to me why so many people will waste
loads of money on gadgets they don't need; $100+/month
for TV; $4 for a cup of coffee.... but no one wants to pay
anything at all for online services like email and webhosting.

That does seem to be true. Go-daddy used to have (maybe still does)
fantastic customer support. I used to wonder how they did it because the
fee I paid them to host my site was nominal. It's paid so far in the
future that I don't remember how much it is but I remember it "was" cheap.

I've closed my internet business because I just didn't want to do it
anymore but I kept the domain name because it's catchy (and it's a .com).