Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default open circuit

On Saturday, May 24, 2014 10:22:49 AM UTC-4, Frank Thompson wrote:
Circuit with two outlets is dead. Circuit breaker is ok. Outlet themselves are ok. Is there any device available that can give a precise location of the problem? W/O such a device I would have to remove an entire inside interior siding panel which is wrapped around a window and light. I would prefer to locate the location of the problem and remove only a small section of the panel to access the problem.

Most likely it's not behind a wall. There shouldn't be any wiring connections there if it was done to code. Far more likely the problem is a wire coming
loose in one of the outlets, switches, etc that it's daisy chained through
that then feed the ones that are out.
Find the other outlets/switches etc that are on that circuit, then find
the ones closest to the problem ones. Start looking there. If they used
backstab type connections, those are one common source of problems like
this.