Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default My gift to those of you still running Win-XP: The ability toget Microsoft updates for 5 more years

On 5/23/2014 7:13 PM, Tegger wrote:

Microsoft isn't dumb; I'll also bet that if you did try installing updates
meant for POS2009 onto desktop XP, the update files will refuse to install
on account of the desktop version being incorrect for the updates.

So. Anybody here who has actually DONE this? Not "going to do it", but
actually DONE it.

Well, no, not actually. But my wife's cousin's hairdresser's
brother-in-law's kid said that he could do it quite easily. In fact, he
promised that he'd try just as soon as he gets out of juvenile detention.g

Sorry, couldn't resist. Have a nice weekend all. Remember, those that
can't enjoy it because they wanted to ensure that we would!