nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil[_3_] View Post
You might consider making a disk image of your Internet computer when
it's set up the way you like it. The image can be restored much more
quickly and with less intervention on your part than you manually
reinstalling the OS and everything.
Nil:
I'm not very computer savvy, but the reason I reload XP if I get a virus (or anything scary) on my surfing computer is because it's an absolutely guaranteed way to clobber any viruses (or anything scary) that I might have picked up surfing the net. The virus that can withstand a low level format has yet to be written.

If I use this disk image thing you're talking about, could I be equally certain of not having any viruses on my computer after doing a "disk image" (or whatever that would be called) as I would after formatting the hard drive and reloading XP? This is an important point to me because I KNOW that after formatting and reloading XP, my computer is as clean as a drill sargent's whistle, and I don't know that a disk image would give me that assurance.