nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Maximilian View Post
But really, it never ceases to amaze me how phuckin' tight some folks can be. For example, Windows 7 Professional can be had for about $130 and buys a user a better OS with another 6 years of support.
Yes, but truth be known, most people have vastly more computer than they need. I wish I had a nickel for every computer out there that's making a living as a glorified typewriter or cash register. In my case, I really don't need anything more than Windows XP because it does everything I need. Paying $130 for Windows 7 is just paying $130 for 6 years worth of looking in Windows 7 Help menu to figure out how to do this, that and the other thing on Windows 7 insteada XP.

You see, Microsoft makes it's money by selling software. It has to keep up with all the latest gadgets and trends in order to keep selling the latest software. I, on the other hand, don't need to keep buying the latest software.

Did you know that in 1978 there were handheld calculators that had more computing power than the main frame computers that guided Apollo 9 safely to the moon and back in 1969?

Last edited by nestork : May 24th 14 at 12:11 AM