Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
HomeGuy HomeGuy is offline

Default My gift to those of you still running Win-XP: The ability to getMicrosoft updates for 5 more years

philo wrote:

I tried it and it just said "not a valid registry script"

You don't include the "===================" lines I put in to mark the
start and end of the text.

And you save it as a "text" file, but either rename it to .reg before or
after it's saved as .txt.

==========
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\WindowsEmbedded\ProductVersion]
"FeaturePackVersion"="SP3"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\WEPOS]
"Installed"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\WES]
"Installed"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

If it still says "not a valid registry script" then do a search on your
system for other .reg files and open them in notepad and compare how
they look vs what you've created based on my instructions above.