Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default Cheap Chinese shaver & Ni-Mh cell.

Følgende er skrevet af Phil Allison:
"Peter"
"Ian Field"

I would check first to see if the battery is being adeqautely charged
by the Chinese charger. Charge the battery in situ, and then
remove it, and do a discharge test, and see how many mAh it supplies.

** I reckon you have nailed it.

That charger is meant to bring a 500mAh cell up to full capacity in about 12
to 24 hours and hold there it will a trickle of about 30mA.

If used with a 2300mAh NiMh cell, it will never become fully charged.

I would think the Chinese charger sense the voltage of the cell, not
counting the number of mAh put into it.

So the charger would still be able to charge the cell, it just takes
longer. Like about a week give or take.

Depending on shaving frequency and beard properties, the charger may
not be able to keep up with the usage.

I wouldn't know, I trim my beard every fortnight or so :-)=

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.