Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 2x12 ramp

On Thu, 22 May 2014 09:16:25 -0700, SteveB wrote:

On 5/21/2014 9:10 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
So here's what I've decided to do: This mower is going to

my son's cabin in northern Wisconsin, a trip of about 200 miles.

I'll be there to load it, but he's on his own for unloading.

With that in mind, I can rent a low riding open trailer for about $100.

The trailer has ramps, so this should be a piece of cake.

Thanks, again, for all of you input.

Larry

I have a trailer that I'd SELL you for $150 that would handle it. If
you are going to use it regularly, watch for one and buy it. I put
WANTED ads in Craigslist and do just fine, finding things before people
put them on the market, or it's been stuck in the corner of the garage
and they just want to dump it cheap.

Harbor Fright has naked trailers for under $200. You do need to add
some sort of deck to them but that shouldn't be much of a problem for
anyone here.