Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default News viewer - off topic

On 5/22/2014 5:41 PM, Just Wondering wrote:
On 5/22/2014 3:24 PM, Dick Snyder wrote:
I apologize for posting this in the woodworking group but this is the
only
internet news group to which I subscribe. I am moving to Windows 8 and
OE is
no longer supported. Does one of you have an alternative you can
recommend?

Again, sorry for posting an off topic item here.

Dick Snyder

I use
Thunderbird.http://download.cnet.com/Mozilla-Thu...-10213643.html

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/
http://download.cnet.com/Mozilla-Thu...-10213643.html

Ditto. I have used Thunderbird since Netscape left us. I like it
because it gives me the option of seeing each message in a stand alone
window, or as a pane on the main window. It is flexible and can be
modified to fit your style of browsing, with the navigation icons where
you want them

If you go with Thunderbird, I would consider also adding the addon
Lightning. This is a scheduling program that can send to and receive
invitation to events from user of Outlook and other scheduling program.
You can place Events and Task in your calendar.
My family uses it to track the events and task in our lives. We are retired.

Depending on your use, you may also want to consider Auto ReSize Image,
It is a customizable addon to automatically resize your photos. It is
very useful if you send a lot of pictures, and your camera takes
pictures in the Megabyte size.

Another is Mark All Read Button. This is especially useful in
newsgroups. After reviewing all of the messages of interest, clicking
this button and it marks all of the remaining messages in the newsgroup
as read.