Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default fuel pump in Kohler CV engine

On Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:41:27 AM UTC-4, Chuck Finley wrote:
On 05/21/2014 09:45 PM, J Burns wrote:

I have a riding mower with a CV-12 engine. Sometimes it stops as if out of gas. If I remove the gas cap and wait a moment, a stream of bubbles from the fuel line will bubble up through the fuel. Then it will start quickly and run fine.

I don't see what could be getting pumped up with air except the fuel pump. It's two check valves and a diaphragm operated by a nylon lever. The outlet check valve is at the top, so I don't understand how the pump could accumulate air.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Maybe the vent on your gas cap is plugged?

That would be my first suspicion too. He could try
leaving the cap loose for awhile and see what happens.

Maybe the fuel pump is going south?