Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Gfci on a different circuit tripping when I turn tv on!

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8:44:02 PM UTC-4, Johnnyb wrote:
I have a gfci on one circuit that trips when I turn on a tv that is on

another circuit!

This only happens if I leave the tv off for exended period of time like 24

hours!

I can not repeat this if I simply turn the tv off and on repaleatedly!

And when I leave the

Tv off for 20 hours or so it does not always cause the gfci on the

different circuit to trip!

I replaced the tripping gfci with a new one and it changed nothing.

Also in heavy rain the tripping gfci does trip! It is a circuit with long

runs to outside lights and shed!

Also tripping gfci was once a circuit that had RF on it! This is 1940 BX

wiring!

John

What does "once had RF on it mean"?