Posted to alt.home.repair
Chuck Finley Chuck Finley is offline

Default fuel pump in Kohler CV engine

On 05/21/2014 09:45 PM, J Burns wrote:
I have a riding mower with a CV-12 engine. Sometimes it stops as if out of gas. If I remove the gas cap and wait a moment, a stream of bubbles from the fuel line will bubble up through the fuel. Then it will start quickly and run fine.

I don't see what could be getting pumped up with air except the fuel pump. It's two check valves and a diaphragm operated by a nylon lever. The outlet check valve is at the top, so I don't understand how the pump could accumulate air.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Maybe the vent on your gas cap is plugged?

Maybe the fuel pump is going south?