Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Epson inkjet printer

On Wed, 21 May 2014 10:20:54 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

A prize off access plate gives access to the ribbon connector for the
scan assembly. The ribbon is carefully glued down over a screw which
releases the pivot for the scan. Once the various connectors have been
released, the deck lifts off. With the deck off the 4th. holding screw
for the top housing can be reached. Still not there as there are a
further 3 screws hidden below the stick on legend plate for the control
buttons!!

One of the first things I try when there are any obvious screws is a
firm finger pressure over any labels. You can detect the hollow
through quite thick foil labels, POP to take a sharp pointed knife
and cut a little circle out of the label to gain access (making note
of any serial/model numbers that may get "edited" in the process.

I don't do enough printing to justify a colour laser: mostly b/w copying
plus photos for which it has been excellent.

Is that Espon an "all in one"? We don't do much color, our HP CP1515n
is fine for the vast majority of printing. Serious photos I'd upload
to Photobox and get a proper prints. Most of our printing is
monochrome and I've set up all the window boxes default printers to
use black only, you chose another "printer" if you want colour.

--
Cheers
Dave.