Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Mixing latex paint with concrete

On Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:32:53 AM UTC-4, Doug Miller wrote:
wrote in

:

Is it possible to mix black latex outdoor paint with saccrete to

give the concrete color?

No. The concrete will never harden properly.

I know there are some poweders you can

buy for color, but I cant find the exact shade.

And you think you *will* get the exact shade with paint??

Use the stuff that's made for the purpose.

Also, I know this is a dumb question but I have a blacktop

driveway that has cracks, crevices, alagatering, etc. I don't

have the money to replace the entire driveway. Could I skim coat

the bad parts with concrete? Even if it only lasts a year it

would be worth it.

Patch concrete with concrete, patch asphalt with asphalt.

Why are you always trying to do things the quick-and-dirty way, instead of taking the time to

do them *right*?

Assuming the only purpose of the concrete coloring is for it
to be used for the asphalt driveway, no need to go into that any
further. There are many products for asphalt repair, so why reinvent
the wheel? For color matching, just seal coat the whole driveway.
The big question is if the driveway is repairable or shot. When it
starts to alligator in more than just an isolated spot or two, it's
basically done. Any repairs are unlikely to last long.