Posted to rec.woodworking

Default 2x12 ramp

Puckdropper wrote:

For the effort required, I'd definitely attach the 2x4s to the bottom
of the 2x12s. I hate seeing ramps deflect under me, even if they
will hold the weight. It'd probably take me more time to gather the
materials than assemble the ramps.

My biggest concern would be the lip at the end of the 2x12. If
place the rig could start to slip, and now you're on the edge and the
ramp has gone away.

I largely agree, except that I suggest that a simple 1x4 would provide more
than enough strength under the 2x12. That would proivde 5" of support wihch
I believe is way more than the weight of a mower over that length would
require. I've run my Wheelhorse up simple 2x10 ramps multiple times - but
perhaps not at the same angle/distance discussed here. Mine are 8' in
length.

--

-Mike-