nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgolferman View Post
My water heater is leaking from the bottom today. There's a drop
falling every second or two so its failure is probably imminent. I
have called a plumber to come check it out this afternoon. I'd like to
know what to expect or any diagnosis you might have.

Bradford White
Model MI403S6LN12
Capacity 40.0 gal
Input 40,000 btu/hr. Natural Gas
I agree with the others. The leak is what necessitates replacing the water heater.

Now, be careful about what water heater they put in.

Be aware that 40 Canadian gallons is 50 American gallons, so check the old heater to see if it's 40 US gallons (which it probably is) or 40 Canadian gallons. If you replace a 40 Canadian gallon water heater with a 40 US gallon water heater, you may be running out of hot water occasionally. If it is 40 Canadian gallon, make sure they put in a 50 US gallon water heater so you have the same amount of hot water you had before.