Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Briggs & Stratton 16HP problems

On Tue, 20 May 2014 03:06:21 -0700 (PDT), Frank Thompson
wrote:

On Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:16:36 AM UTC-4, Frank Thompson wrote:
trader_4... no, the guy who delivered it did not know.. tomorrow I will call and ask... I am very curious to find out

fred... there is an external filter in the gas line a very short distance from where the line enters the carb

Was very frustrated over what I was told... i.e. there was some water in the carb. {Please see my original post & you will see why I frustrated.. what else could I have done). The gasolene in the tank that was the also used to fuel ATV and also used to supply very small container to mix chain saw fuel with oil. No other engines had this problem!

Ethanol "grabs" the water - condensation and phase separation WILL
get you. Mabee you got the water off the bottom of the can in the
mower???