Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default How do we know when 120V US socket strip can handle Europe 240V?

"Phil Allison" wrote in message ...

to operate the same devices on 240 as on 120 it will only be
handling HALF the current.

** Really - the *same* devices ??

If the bar can handle the devices on 120,
it will have no problem, capacity-wize, on 240 because
the current will be MUCH lower.

** Only be true for wide range SMPS ( ie 90V to 260V) and those
devices that can be switched to 240V.

Yes, Phil. We know that, Phil. That's what we were talking about, Phil. [Pats
Phil's pate patronizingly.]

For someone named Phil, you certainly show little love for other people.