Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Briggs & Stratton 16HP problems

On Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:06:21 AM UTC-4, Frank Thompson wrote:
On Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:16:36 AM UTC-4, Frank Thompson wrote:

trader_4... no, the guy who delivered it did not know.. tomorrow I will call and ask... I am very curious to find out

fred... there is an external filter in the gas line a very short distance from where the line enters the carb

Was very frustrated over what I was told... i.e. there was some water in the carb. {Please see my original post & you will see why I frustrated.. what else could I have done). The gasolene in the tank that was the also used to fuel ATV and also used to supply very small container to mix chain saw fuel with oil. No other engines had this problem!

You say you drained the fuel tank at the end of the season.
And that it ran OK for 20 mins this season. That would seem
to suggest that the water was in the fuel you just put in it.
Did that gas sit around all winter? If so, one important thing
you could do is not end the season with a can of gas. Either
use it up, put it in a vehicle, etc.

Like you say, I've had gas sit around like that and had no problems.
I amost always have stabilizer in it. On the other hand, for some
reason, my Sear snowblower has had a fouled carb couple times, once
just sitting for a few months. With the lawnmower, leaf blower, etc,
I've never had a problem. And this problem was the typical gunk from
alscohol/gas in the carb, not actual water.