Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy[_35_] Andy[_35_] is offline

Default Breaker box inside panel

On Monday, May 19, 2014 9:00:00 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
On Monday, May 19, 2014 7:50:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:

On Mon, 19 May 2014 15:15:04 -0700 (PDT), Andy

wrote:

I have a customer that needs the inside panel that fits over the breakers.

The breaker box is old, Federal Pacific Electric Catalog # RH 318-36.

I looked around but could not find it.

Any more ideas ?

Thanks.

If you are just talking about the dead front cover, you might find one

at a place that salvages old equipment.

Personally I think I would look for a Cutler Hammer replacement panel

board that fits in the existing can and it will come with the cover.

Those FPE breakers come with less than a stellar reputation. Some

insurance companies and virtually all home inspectors hate them.

I think it is the Stab Lock breakers that were unreliable.

Andy

I will have a private talk with the owner.

Something along the lines of....

Most people want to be frugal, but do you want to risk your store burning down ??

Andy