Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default My floors sound like a shot-gun!

On Monday, May 19, 2014 4:16:35 PM UTC-4, Tony Hwang wrote:
Dom wrote:

Is this something I should worry about? When the nights are cold, the hardwood floor, especially on the second floor, start to POP like a shot gun. Maybe 5 pops during the course of the night. I've had the floors installed since 2009, no noise since then, just this year. Is there something I can do to stop it?

Hi,

Humidity problem? (too dry in the house or too humid)

Second floor is drier than main floor usually.

That's a possibile factor. If he doesn't have a humidifier,
in winter it's going to dry out, which isn't going to help.