Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Google+

Bill writes:
John Grossbohlin wrote:
"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message

OFWW writes:
On Sun, 18 May 2014 20:18:53 -0400, Bill

On Sun, 18 May 2014 17:45:46 -0400, Bill
wrote:

I'm new to the Google+ groups, but a little while ago I posted one or
two comments (representing about 45 minutes of thinking), intended
to be
constructive, about a drawing/painting that was titled "Comments
please". Then I noticed that my comments were gone, and I posted
"Did
you delete my comments?" Then the person's work was not visible
to me
(so I suppose they blocked me). Me, Bill!!! : ) It reminds me of
the "mommification" thread.

Bill says right in the subject line that he's referring to google+,
which is google's facebook lookalike. He's not referring to google
groups, or usenet.

But his opening sentence reads "Google+ groups." Maybe different tools
are being mixed up in this discussion?

I was referring to the *Communities* in Google+. If those aren't Google
groups, then I just learned something new.

Usenet (archived by Deja-News, deja-news absorbed by Google)
Google Groups (google's public forums, superset of usenet, i.e. it
includes all usenet groups + google only discussion groups)
Google+ communities (google+ only, moderated communities)

=====

Usenet is a distributed data store (there is no single central
location managing or storing the groups - group content is replicated
across all usenet servers).

Google non-usenet Groups are stored and maintained by google only.

Google+ communities, facebook-like.