Rick

Default Dust Masks & Safety Glasses

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 00:12:02 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
wrote:

Peter wrote:
: Having recently started doing some woodturning I am trying to avoid inhaling
: too much dust. I have installed a dust extractor that helps but am also
: wearing a dust mask. Unfortunately the dust mask causes expelled breath to
: steam up my glasses. Can anyone recommend a combination of glasses/goggles
: and dust mask that avoids this problem. I am likely to be putting in an
: order to Screwfix fairly soon so recommendations from their catalogue would
: be preferable. Thank you for any help.

An inexpensive option is the Dustfoe 88 mask, which has replaceable
filter sheets. It was originally developed for use in coal mines.
It runs about $30. The exhalation valves point downwards, so there's no
problem with fogging of glasses.

-- Andy Barss

I'll second the above. I just purchased one today and tried for about
30 minutes when I arrived home. I wear eyeglasses and use a face
shield (never could get goggles to work over my "specs". Worked like
a charm. I had to spend a couple minutes fiddling with the straps to
get a good fit but after a couple minutes I'd almost forgottten I had
it on (OK, not really. It is a mask sticking on the front of your
face)

Rick.