Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.politics.liberalism,alt.society.liberalism

Default The Pussification of the American Male

pyotr filipivich wrote:

..

I have often wished I could be a "vet". I'm not so sure about
being a "combat vet" ... but I suppose that would be an interesting
question for another time: knowing then what you know now, and given
an honorable alternative - how many combat vets would rather just be
"a vet"? Or a "[conflict name] era vet."? [My brother was kind of
content to be a "Grenada Invasion Era" Veteran. OTOH, he was also
happy to be part of the DoD Nuclear Yacht Club too.]

Wishes - only those who have never been there have those. As for combat
vets - well all vets are vets, but combat vets hold a special place for
their peers. Peacetime vets are just not the same. DoD Yacht Club? Come
on... thunbs down on that one.
--

-Mike-