Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Mower start puttering after 20 minutes of running fine.

On Fri, 16 May 2014 16:08:01 -0700 (PDT), noname
wrote:

This one has me hornswoggled. I have a fairly new push mower your typical low-end briggs and stratton engine. The thing starts perfectly, runs perfectly for about 20 minutes and then starts sputtering. Not enough to stop the engine but like it is choking or something.

Any ideas?

I've had mowers do that when they have water in the gas. Makes no
sense to me that they run right for a while and then run poorly but
draining the carb bowl clears it up. I've also had this happen when
there appears to have been something not even visible clogging the jet
in the carb but taking the jet out, blowing it out and buttoning it
back up made it run perfect afterward.