Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Caulking-Gunn@work.com is offline

Default Mower start puttering after 20 minutes of running fine.

On Sun, 18 May 2014 17:09:36 -0700 (PDT), noname
wrote:

With the air filter off

I do notice something though, when the thing is sputtering the little
choke valve that is over the carb and is attached to the throttle and
the little springs just keeps popping open and closed over and over
again. Make sense why it is sputtering then but I can't see anything
wrong with it. I tried fiddling with the springs and experimenting with
restricting it, but doesn't seem to help. My guess is either something
is making the thing choke on and off over and over or it is hooked up
wrong.

Further debugging ideas anyone? Thanks.

Hold the choke open or put a wire on it to make sure it stays open.
If that dont fix it, check to make sure the gas filter or screen inside
gas tank is not plugging up. Another thing, is the carb loose? Tighten
carb screws or bolts incl. intake tube. (manifold).

Sometimes a magneto will begin to fail when its hot, due to expansion
causing some high voltage leaking. Electronic ignition modules (if yiou
have one) can get screwy when hot too, or the capacitor at the points
can be dying.