Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Google+

On 5/18/2014 6:23 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 18 May 2014 17:45:46 -0400,
wrote:

I'm new to the Google+ groups, but a little while ago I posted one or
two comments (representing about 45 minutes of thinking), intended to be
constructive, about a drawing/painting that was titled "Comments
please". Then I noticed that my comments were gone, and I posted "Did
you delete my comments?" Then the person's work was not visible to me
(so I suppose they blocked me). Me, Bill!!! : ) It reminds me of
the "mommification" thread.

If your post requires more than 60 seconds of thought, expect to have
it dropped from the forum most places. If you need longer than a
minute, disconnect from the forum, do your thinking in Notepad or
Word, select and copy the text, sign back into the forum, post your
reply.

That's one reason I use Forte Agent - all reading and posting are done
on the PC and there are no timeouts.

Another point - Google Groups give you access to the newsgroups via a
web interface. They don't have anything else to do with the newsgroups.