Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Phil Hobbs[_7_] Phil Hobbs[_7_] is offline

Default Dual to AllPass.?

On 5/18/2014 1:32 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Does there exist a dual to an AllPass, that is, a structure in which
amplitude varies with frequency, but phase does not?

...Jim Thompson

Wouldn't it be nice. No, in general that violates causality. (I'll be
a bit less dogmatic about that than previously, since we talked about
this several months back.)

A symmetric FIR filter centered around t=0 might qualify, if you don't
need it to be real-time.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--