Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware,sci.electronics.repair
Pat Wilson Pat Wilson is offline

Default Why is "Google Voice" only available for the iPhone & not forthe iPad?

John Robertson wrote, on Sat, 17 May 2014 22:18:04 -0700:

What it means is someone is paying for this service to exist - therefore
there is a cost to you that you don't recognize at this point. You will
pay for this 'free' service somehow...

OK. I do agree that the phone calls & SMS must cost something to someone.

Are we to assume then, that Google must be "paying" for all my phone calls
and SMS texts?

Who does Google pay?
What is Google planning to do in order to recoup those costs?