Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On 18 May 2014 02:51:57 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

wrote:

There was talk of wireless when I retired, but I concluded that was
bad idea in the chemical industry. Maybe I was just too old
fashioned, but the thought of someone interfering with a potentially
dangerous process with a cell phone or appliance, or intentionally
by
some other means made me very nervous.

Pete Keillor

Radio suffers from Dead Zones where man-made interference or multipath
makes reception difficult. We had to account for their temporary
dropouts in the design of aircraft networking, since even GPS is
affected.
http://phys.org/news/2011-02-4g-netw...-gps-dead.html

I live in one for the local television channel and have to jack the
antenna up 50' and aim at a water tower reflection to minimize
multipath although the raw signal level appears strong enough from
most directions, from other reflections. On analog TV I had a faint
leading ghost from the line-of-sight signal, and about four trailing
ghosts.

-jsw