Posted to comp.mobile.ipad,alt.comp.freeware,sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Why is "Google Voice" only available for the iPhone & not forthe iPad?

On 05/17/2014 5:23 PM, Pat Wilson wrote:
John Robertson wrote, on Sat, 17 May 2014 16:50:49 -0700:

"Free" SMS texting? TANSTAAFL!

I had to look up TANSTAAFL, which transcribed, means, I think,
there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

The SMS texting does "appear" to be free on the iPad.
a) The T-Mobile SIM card was totally free (it came with the iPad).
b) Getting free T-Mobile service (200MB/month) was also totally free.
c) Unlimited texting to the USA & from anywhere also appears to be free.

So, where is there no such thing as free here?
Did I miss something important?

What it means is someone is paying for this service to exist - therefore
there is a cost to you that you don't recognize at this point. You will
pay for this 'free' service somehow...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com