Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default dust system auto on/off

On 5/17/2014 9:37 PM, Morgans wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

Is the supply circuit going to handle 2-13amp units? Unless you
configure in a delay, which most of these units have built in you
might be popping a breaker every time you start the saw.

Oh, that is the reason I did not like what I had seen for sale. It
would not, I think. The dust collector will be pushing 13 amps and the
chop saw also 13 amps. Now way even a 20 amp circuit could hold that.

My design will have 2 power inputs, most likely 20 amps on each one, and
I will make sure that both are fed from dedicated breakers on the same
side of neutral so there will be no possibility of coming across 220
inside the box. With that going on, I will not worry about starting the
saw and the DC at the same time.

You still haven't said how you are opening the gates.
I think it's much easier to pull a gate open and turn it on.
Rather than relying on the machine being on.

--
Jeff