Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

On 2014-05-17, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
On 5/16/2014 12:17 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
... For soldering, have you seen the dial indicator
holder that just takes one hand knob to tighten the whole thing? They
are just tits. Anyway, put an allegator clamp in place of the
indicator, hold the thing in place and tighten - it won't move even a
couple thou. maybe get one for the other part too.
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/det...60426&fromRR=Y

You may choke on the price, but THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I have one of those - a competitor's version, I think. It is a
FANTASTIC indicator holder. Great idea- using it for soldering!

I got mine when somebody here alerted to it's being on sale - for $65,
IIRC (not MSC).

I've gotten a couple like that for about that price when MSC had
it in the monthly sales flyer. The first one was because I had read so
much good about it. The second was because the first was killed by
fire-induced rust, along with a number of other things which were in the
wrong place.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--