Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

On 5/17/2014 9:34 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 16 May 2014 01:33:24 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

I had a huge struggle with soldering a couple of DB-9 connectors, my
vision and fine motor control just aren't what they used to be. And, I
only had to make 5 connections on the DB-9's, it took me close to an
hour. These are for a DRO, I've been using a break-out box until now on
the mismatched scales and display. Remember, the display bit the dust a
while ago.

I did have the connectors locked in a miniature vice but I couldn't
think of any other techniques that would help.

Get you a mid teen girlfriend and give her lots of incentive to handle
the FINE work for you!
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

You gonna' bring me cigarettes in jail so I can pay for protection?