Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Dateline Cochran, GA

On 5/17/2014 2:50 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 5/17/2014 8:55 AM, Leon wrote:
Your new coffee machine brews at between 187 and 192 degrees,
depending on which setting you chose.

Don't know how accurate that is because strangely enough, and
according to this supposedly highly accurate digital medical
thermometer used in chemotherapy applications, the coffee had a range
of 138.4 to 128.8F temperature as it hits the cup:

Very interesting. All of the manufacturers I've taken any time to look at
tell that they brew at ~190. This is a very interesting little bit of
information.

So now I have to wonder if home units brew at the same temperature as
commercial units. There sure is a lot of information out there that
supports the notion of brewing coffee at ~190 - commercially, at least.

Maybe I should feel like I'm getting ripped off with my home unit...

I would not discount the fact that, for quality control purposes, there
is a range of acceptable parameters and that not all units are at the
higher end of that temperature range.

Appears, and depending the accuracy of Leon and my respective
thermometers, that my unit does not serve up water as hot as Leon's.

Then again, the same could be applicable to thermometers.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net