Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Windows: removing IE - moving to Firefox

On Sat, 17 May 2014 09:42:01 -0400, "Mayayana"
wrote:

I think you must be talking about reversing updates.
You had IE9 or 10 and went back to IE8? You can't
really uninstall IE.

What I'm guessing is there is some component of IE8 in Win7.
I removed IE 11, IE10 and I think the uninstall skipped IE 9.

Windows update showed a critical update was needed for IE8.

This whole experiment was a mess. I learned a few things, though.

Went to burn some CDs and was having problems with Media player and
Windows Explorer. Tried some fixes, but decided to do a restore from a
earlier restore point. That got me back on track. IE11 is back on,
all updates installed. Media Player is working again as is Windows
Explorer. Had to do same tweaks in Firerfox. Things normal again.

P.S. Restore points seem be deleted over time or only so many are
kept. My advice would be to manually create one regularly. I use the
date as a part of the file name.

https://tinyurl.com/44vnzht

http://preview.tinyurl.com/44vnzht