View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Sprinkler System Problem

On Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:09:59 AM UTC-4, Dottie wrote:
I called a company to come out and fix a "leak" -- it wasn't really a leak. The pipes had come loose at a joint and he just had to glue it back. Before that though the water coming out was full force -- After the glue dried he tested it and everything seemed o.k. The yard is divided into sections (zones) and it is not always easy to tell which zone certain sprinkler heads are in. That was Wed.

Friday I went out to test the sprinkler system -- the timer is new and I am still learning how to use that, too. All the zones worked except for Zone 1 - where he worked. I think perhaps it didn't come on when he tested it -- but I didn't realize that then. Anyway, the water has no pressure in that zone...I can see the water dribbling out of the sprinkler heads (most of those are new) ... but it isn't spraying.

What would cause that? I called and the company will send someone out Monday to look -- no service call charge unless they need to replace a part. But I am not sure this problem is connected to the original problem. Unless he shook something loose when he replaced the case that goes around the valve...the wires look o.k. but I am not sure. If the wiring is loose - would the water not come up to the heads at all? This is appears to be a pressure thing.

Any help would be appreciated.

I went back and dug out two sprinkler heads - cleaned them both -- and the water standing in the pipe was clear and not muddy. I put them back on to see if there was a difference in how the water came out and there was none. It just dribbled out all the sprinkler heads -- so it is a pressure problem and not a debris problem. Will just wait now and see what he says. Thanks for all your help though.