Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Protecting Finish in Mill Vise?

On Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:23:08 AM UTC-4, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

BTW, I never disagreed that the shops in YOUR AREA don't use the term.
You started by presuming it was a local term, and moved on to building a
case that nobody but esoteric and electrical users ever used it.

It's a common term around here, and has been at least since I started working in the very early 70s. That the shops Gunner is familiar with don't use industry standard language may well explain why the vast majority of Gunner's business for the past several years has been closing these shops down and steal^H^H^H^H^H helping them dispose of their equipment.