Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Protecting Finish in Mill Vise?

Gunner Asch fired this volley in
:

Its not the 60s anymore. In fact..its almost 50 yrs later.

And a lot of the young machinists who learned their trades back then are
still around, Gunner.

It's a pity you don't know more of them.

BTW, I never disagreed that the shops in YOUR AREA don't use the term.
You started by presuming it was a local term, and moved on to building a
case that nobody but esoteric and electrical users ever used it.

Such is not the case. Most of the machinists over age 60 whom I know
still use the term. It's not used as much in drawings for the reasons I
stated, but it's used by the older guys verbally and on quick sketches
all the time.

LLoyd