Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

On Fri, 16 May 2014 19:31:04 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

I have always had some issue with D-Sub connectors.

If you found soldering D-Subs frustrating, these would have you raging
through the engineering cubicles swinging an axe:
http://www.binder-usa.com/product-li...al-connectors/

I'll bet they are just the sweetest, teensiest thangs with about an
80% breakage rate when using the specified crimping tool.

http://www.lemo.com/en

Those push/pull B metal Lemos look really, really familiar, but I
can't place where I've seen them. The (strong but foggy) memory feels
like "o-scope", but those are all BNC, IIRC. I remember liking the
feeling of the connection with those for some reason. Maybe it was
used on the $3500 HP RCL meter we got at SouthCom in '73. (SouthCom,
Int'l, Escondido, CA, not military but building milspec manpack radios
for, ta-da, Pakistan!) You should have seen some of the bugs they
swept up and used as return packing from there. Yikes! I never figured
out how they got past Customs.

--
We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is
no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected.