Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message
m...
? ...
? BTW, it isn't a DB-9, it is a DE-9. The second letter is the
shell
? size. The common 25 pin shell is a 'B'. The SVGA monitor plug
is a
? HDE-15.
?
? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-subminiature

What happened when you lectured the engineers about their errors?

Our engineers already knew the proper names. After all, some of
the
parts had been in the inventory database for over 30 years. They
had
about 40 variations in the stockroom. We used quite a few with
coaxial
inserts, since we built modular microwave receivers.

You were lucky. I was push into microwave radio in the 1990s when the
smart old guys were leaving and and a younger group was replacing
them. There's a lot of hands-on detail to learn in that business!
jsw