Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" ? wrote in message
m...
? ...
? BTW, it isn't a DB-9, it is a DE-9. The second letter is the shell
? size. The common 25 pin shell is a 'B'. The SVGA monitor plug is a
? HDE-15.
?
? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-subminiature

What happened when you lectured the engineers about their errors?

Our engineers already knew the proper names. After all, some of the
parts had been in the inventory database for over 30 years. They had
about 40 variations in the stockroom. We used quite a few with coaxial
inserts, since we built modular microwave receivers.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.

---