Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default how to pump water from garden

On 5/16/2014 3:55 PM, dadiOH wrote:
wrote in message
b.com
have a situation I need some advise on. Have a vegetable garden
area that floods every spring and often takes weeks to dry out, so
always late getting things planted. Would like to find a way to
pump the water from this area.. How can I do it............the area
is just dirt and no grass. Is there a way to put in sump with
pump? how to filter to pump water and not mud?

Do you have any property down hill from it? Dig a ditch.

There are such things as dirty water pumps but I have no idea how dirty the
water can be before they shout, "ENOUGH already!".

Up to 2" solids for many dirty enough you reckon? Altho I expect
they're out of the budget OP would have in mind.

Sounds like what needs to do is tile it like they do in Iowa and the
like for field drains.