Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Where to Donate a Wood Shop

On 5/16/2014 2:56 PM, wrote:
For health and safety reasons my woodworking days are over.
If I keep the tools available I will be tempted to use them.
This could be dangerous.
Does anyone know of a good organization to donate these to?
I am talking about table saw, planer, joiner, chopsaw,...

Thanks for any and all help.

I'd second the idea of selling them and using those proceeds for some
charitable organization as probably most practical altho the idea of
finding an organization seem a good idea.

On that side, surely Habitat for Humanity has some stuff of their own?
Perhaps a local branch? I really know nothing of their actual
organizational process--worked on a couple of builds but wasn't enough
into the directed unskilled labor instead of actually doing something w/
a skill set that seemed the norm there that I continued...