Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where to Donate a Wood Shop

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Bob La Londe wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

wrote:

For health and safety reasons my woodworking days are over.
If I keep the tools available I will be tempted to use them.
This could be dangerous.
Does anyone know of a good organization to donate these to?
I am talking about table saw, planer, joiner, chopsaw,...
Where are you located?

Lew

Local high school shop class?

They don't even exist anymore, do they?

--

-Mike-

I don't know. My son graduated a couple years ago. I seem to recall he
made a wood toolbox in some class. I'll ask him about it. I know they
still had welding because he was the welding TA his senior year. He also
went back the next year about once a week for a couple months and helped
teach the new guys how to use the CNC Plasma cutter he had setup the
previous year. They obviously still do some vocational trades classes.