Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default It Might Ship As Early as Today - HA!

It Might Ship As Early as Today

Ok, does anybody in the machinery business ever really mean it when they say
that? If they do mean it are the ever successful?

I've purchased four pieces of equipment in the last month that needed to be
sent by truck. Not one item shipped when they said, and not one item was
delivered by the estimated delivery date even after it was shipped.

Interestingly in the communications hardware business
(alarm/telephone/vdeo/etc) my vendors ship on time 99.5% of the time, and it
arrives on time just as often. On the occasions when there is a delay they
let me know right away.

Obviously the "Just In Time" model doesn't work for some industries. LOL.