Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

Yep, seen those somewhere, I run into this kind of stuff once in a while
and I'm set...'till the next time. It's just a bitch to lose a skill
and I think I should be able to develop a methodology without calling on
a younger set of eyes and hands. I'm getting a lot more typos too! I
told my sister just tonight the first three words to be spoken at my
funeral. "He's DEAD Jim!"

Get used to losing skills and stuff. Gettin' old ain't for pussies. In
this case, go to the crimp system next time. You can borrow my stuff
if you like.

I can hardly see to weld. I did find if I grind a huge "V" I can feel
it with the stick. For soldering, have you seen the dial indicator
holder that just takes one hand knob to tighten the whole thing? They
are just tits. Anyway, put an allegator clamp in place of the
indicator, hold the thing in place and tighten - it won't move even a
couple thou. maybe get one for the other part too.
http://www.mscdirect.com/product/det...60426&fromRR=Y

You may choke on the price, but THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY.

Karl

P.S. I'm starting to lose all sorts of things. Of all the things I've
lost, I miss my mind the most.