Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I can't solder miniature connectors anymore...any tricks?

On Fri, 16 May 2014 04:48:54 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 5/16/2014 2:16 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
Ya caught up to me, old man.

Had the same issue a couple years back, especially DoN and a few
others on RCM turned me on to crimp connector pins that are then
pushed into the special DBxx connectors. I'm having a senior moment
right now, do remember the name of the sytem, should remember by
morning. if this is a one time thing for you, I'll mail the stuff and
you can send it back when done.

If you are soldering something like a header into a board, you could
be FUBAR. My solution was easy, I begged Don Forman for help.

Karl

Yep, seen those somewhere, I run into this kind of stuff once in a while
and I'm set...'till the next time. It's just a bitch to lose a skill
and I think I should be able to develop a methodology without calling on
a younger set of eyes and hands. I'm getting a lot more typos too! I
told my sister just tonight the first three words to be spoken at my
funeral. "He's DEAD Jim!"

Oops, forgot to address the former. Yes, it's a bitch. I bought a new
set of eyes. http://tinyurl.com/cvytr6l They work very well, too!
The hands are getting shakier as I age, though.

--
We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is
no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected.